These are the Best Kitchenaid Mixer For Pizza Dough based on type, bowl capacity, efficiency, noise level, Wattage, and affordability.
Baking has been my lifelong passion. So, you understand why I’m always searching for new and sumptuous delicacies to share with my loved ones. However, most mixers out there simply can’t keep up with my ambitious baking needs, which is frustrating and disappointing.
I spent hundreds of dollars on these supposedly “real kitchen workhorses” nearly every six months, from repairs to replacement. To make matters worse, countless times, I had to dash out to borrow my neighbor’s mixers just to finish up the bread dough or light batter.
But the breaking point for me came when this backup plan failed while I was trying to make half-a-dozen deep-dish pizzas with buttery crusts for my friend’s bachelor party. That’s when I decided to invest in one of the all-metal KitchenAid Stand Mixers.
Although it was so heavy that it had to accessorize my counter permanently, it has been an amazing game-changer for me, withstanding everything I throw at it without breaking down or overheating.
If you’re in the market for a reliable and long-lasting mixer, here are the four best KitchenAid Mixers I’ve personally used over the years to make artisan-quality pizza dough.
🥇 Best Kitchenaid Mixer For Pizza Dough
- KitchenAid KP26M1XOB: (Best KitchenAid Stand Mixer Overall)
- KitchenAid KSM150PSCU: (Best Stand Mixers for Home Chefs)
- KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro: (Best Large Residential Stand Mixer)
- Kitchenaid Artisan Mini Plus: (Best Compact Stand Mixer)
📌Things You Need to Know..
- If you have not found the perfect stand mixer for kneading dough, it could be because most models are primarily designed for home use, which typically involves less demanding tasks.
- I noticed many review websites tend to focus solely on recommending the best-selling KitchenAid stand mixer models, disregarding the critical factors and essential features necessary for a proper dough kneading process.
- Instead, I have carefully selected these stand mixers based on their motor power, bowl capacity, number of speed modes, and noise level.
- Consider your budget, attachment, and accessory needs, as well as the size and storage options, before making a final decision from my shortlist.
🙋♀️Why Buy a KitchenAid Stand Mixer For Pizza Dough?
When it comes to stand mixers, or mixers in general, KitchenAid is the brand to reckon with. They are known for their iconic lines of products, which explains why they are the go-to for wedding and birthday gifts.
Over the years, KitchenAid has been synonymous with stand mixers. They stand out from the fierce competition, including big brands like Bosch, Kenwood, Oster, and Breville.
So, is KitchenAid’s reputation alone enough reason to choose their stand mixer for tasks such as kneading tacky dough and whipping cream?
I’m a big fan of KitchenAid’s all-metal construction that earns their devices the “heirloom” status. Despite being heavier and more expensive than their counterparts, their exceptional durability and rugged motor justifies the investment for passionate bakers who prefer the “shop-once-cry-once” approach.
In addition to that, knowing there’s a reliable hub of KitchenAid-Certified repair technicians available to fix any issues with my expensive mixer provides me with unmatched peace of mind regarding my purchase.
Personally, I don’t particularly appreciate holding down a machine to keep it from moving while it’s doing its job. That’s why I appreciate the all-metal engineering of KitchenAid’s mixers. Although the extra weight makes them difficult to move from the pantry cabinet to the counter, you won’t have to worry about these machines “moon-walking” off the counter during use, thanks to their heaviness.
Given the price point of KitchenAid mixers, it’s reasonable to expect them to offer great value for money.
Fortunately, these ubiquitous machines come with a great lineup of practical attachments that allow you to easily convert the standard mixer into other kitchen appliances, such as a pasta machine, ice cream maker, or meat grinder, to name a few. This versatility saves not only money but also space, as one device can perform several kitchen tasks with ease.
Extensive product line
KitchenAid solidifies its position as the king in the mixers’ world with its unparalleled product line. Unlike its competitors, KitchenAid offers a good range of mixers to suit nearly everyone – budget, kitchen space, baking needs, and style. With such an extensive product line, there is a perfect stand mixer for every individual.
💰 Are KitchenAid Stand Mixers Really Worth It?
Determining whether a KitchenAid stand mixer is worth the investment depends on various factors 一 your baking needs, passion for culinary treats, and budget.
There’s no straightforward answer.
However, suppose you spend more than 30 minutes whisking, mixing, and beating before creating an assortment of delicious home-baked delicacies. In that case, you can benefit from the help KitchenAid stand mixers provide.
For everyday home bakers who regularly experience muscle strain while preparing tasty cookies, crispy pan pizza, or bread, the KA stand mixers are not only worth it but also a necessity.
These kitchen appliances may come with a steep price tag, but they’re a one-time investment that can last for decades if properly cared for.
❔ Which KitchenAid Mixer is Best for Pizza Dough?
Choosing the best KitchenAid mixer for pizza dough can be challenging, as it depends on various factors, such as individual needs and budget. However, the KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer is an excellent choice for beginners or home chefs. This mixer boasts a robust and super-quiet motor that can effortlessly power through any mix, resulting in fine products.
📌 Next Read: Best Pizza Dough Mixers To Jumpstart Your Baking Career
Furthermore, this premium appliance features ten-speed options and a wide range of accessories that can handle any stage of food preparation required by the recipe, from kneading pizza dough to whipping cream butter. The tilt-head design of this mixer also makes it easy to use, which is an added benefit.
🧾 How I picked The Best KitchenAid stand mixers?
With such an extensive range of products available, it’s typical for shoppers, especially first-timers, to feel overwhelmed and confused when trying to make a purchase decision. To streamline my options and identify the products that meet my criteria, I consider the following key factors:
Size & capacity
When choosing a stand mixer, it’s crucial to consider the appliance’s size and weight, primarily determined by its capacity. Determining how many batches of a recipe you typically make is essential to ensure you choose a mixer that can handle your baking needs.
However, it’s important to note that the stated work bowl volume is not the actual capacity of the mixer. Many shoppers are misled because the capacity listed in the product description is the bowl’s total volume when filled to the brim. But in reality, nobody whips or mixes with a bowl brim-filled with ingredients like eggs or flour.
So, adding an extra 1 – 1.5 QT to the touted bowl capacity is advisable to ensure the beater can mix, whip, or knead without the recipe overflowing and creating an ugly mess on your counter.
For folks with diminutive kitchen space and planning to make a stand mixer their centerpiece, it’s best to purchase a more petite model unless you’ve enough space or strength to pull these cumbersome devices out of your spacious cabinet.
Tilt-Head Vs. Bowl-Lift
Based on their design, stand mixers are available in two types: Bowl-lift and tilt-head. Both options have their own exciting advantages and dismaying limitations.
For starters, the tilt-head design makes attaching or removing the accessories easier. They are usually an excellent choice for home bakers. This style is more compact and lighter than its counterpart.
On the flip, bowl-lift stand mixers are best suited for professionals. They have a bigger bowl capacity and more powerful motors to churn through the thick and wet dough. Plus, they are easier to add to your recipe ingredients and even scrape down the sides of the bowl than the tilt-head models. Be prepared to find swapping out the beaters slightly annoying.
Suppose you regularly need to mix multiple batches of dense or wet dough for pizzas or bread. In that case, you should consider a stand mixer with a higher wattage of at least 500W. High-powered models can easily handle these tasks without overheating or struggling. They are ideal for frequent bakers who require a reliable and durable appliance.
On the other hand, if you only occasionally need to mix thick dough, then a more affordable, low-wattage stand mixer may suffice. Although they may not be designed for these tougher jobs, they can still work for occasional large demands. However, they may overheat, so allowing them to cool down between batches is essential to prevent any damage.
Number of speed modes
The right stand mixer for you should have a good range of speed. Typically, more powerful models offer more speed options, allowing you to handle any task and achieve the best possible results.
When working with delicate batters, the mixer needs to operate at low speed to avoid splattering mix-ins. Conversely, it’s crucial for the mixer to offer high speeds to quickly and thoroughly whip cream, egg whites, and cream sugar and butter.
Above all, the stand mixer should not rattle, emit smoke, or show signs of strain when mixing ingredients at their highest speed.
Ease of use
Although powerful mixers tend to be bulky, it is crucial that their controls are user-friendly and straightforward.
In the case of tilt-head stand mixers, the head should be easy to lift, lock, and change the beater attachment. The lever used to raise or lower the bowl should operate smoothly for bowl-lift mixers.
Moreover, it is vital that the bowl can be securely attached to the base to prevent any mess while mixing. Finally, having a handle on the work bowl is a significant advantage, making it easy to handle and maneuver.
⭐ Kitchenaid Pizza Dough Mixer Review
KitchenAid KP26M1XOB 6 Qt. Professional 600
In my opinion, The KitchenAid Professional 600 Series is the best stand mixer for folks who bake pizzas several times a week – and for good reasons. This big boy has a powerful 575W motor and a large 6 QT mixing bowl, which makes two to three batches of any recipe at a go. It’s the ultimate choice for a real kitchen workhorse that meets large demands.
The KitchenAid Professional 600 Series comes in over 10 attractive colors, including my favorite, Onyx Black. The range of color options is essential since this model is large and weighty and will likely be displayed on your countertop. It is crucial that it looks visually appealing in your kitchen.
However, there are several other reasons why I consider this stand mixer the best for making pizza dough;
Finest dough texture ― this semi-commercial mixer utilizes a revolutionary 67-Point Planetary Mixing Action to ensure its spiral-shaped PowerKnead dough hook touches more sides of the bowl than the KitchenAid Artisan Series. This cutting-edge technology guarantees a coherent, smooth, and spongy dough with no ignored ingredient at the bowl’s bottom and side. Meaning? You won’t have to worry about manually scraping down the sides, giving you a hassle-free baking experience.
Massive mixing capacity ― the Professional 600 Series is equipped with a robust 575-watt motor and a spacious 6-quart stainless steel bowl, making it capable of handling large batches of ingredients without overheating or jumping off on your countertop. From my many years of use, this stand mixer can easily produce 8 loaves of bread or 13 dozen cookies in a single batch. The bowl also comes with a sturdy stainless steel handle, making it easy to lift and carry.
Sturdier build quality ― it’s slightly pricier than the popular choice Artisan series, which it makes up for with more durable construction. That’s why it’s usually a go-to for pizzerias needing reliable and robust stand mixers to handle tacky pizza dough.
Home bakers seeking extra mixing power and a larger bowl to prepare elastic pizza dough or triple batches of recipes regularly and are okay with not hiding it away when not in use.
- From my test, I concluded that the KitchenAid KP26M1XOB 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series is the most powerful and efficient stand mixer for a thick and wet dough.
- Its strong motor, weighty build, and spacious bowl allow for effortless mixing without constant supervision. Furthermore, the generously-sized bowl provides plenty of space for effortlessly incorporating mix-ins.
- While it comes with a standard 1-year manufacturer warranty like the other models, its build quality is superior and more durable, providing us with peace of mind that it can withstand the demands of daily use.
- Straight out of the box, I noticed that this mixer’s bowl had some noticeable black residue that required thorough cleaning. This is a quality control issue with the manufacturer. Hopefully, they start using acid to clean them off before shipping them to customers.
- Additionally, the Professional 600 Series has a bowl-lift style that takes up more counter space and weighs 29 pounds, making it best suited for permanent placement on the counter rather than moving it around frequently.
- Although I appreciate the stability of this mixer, as it handles any mixing task with ease, it does generate more noise than the Artisan Series.
The KitchenAid Artisan Series is the most versatile option and ideal choice for home chefs. This best stand mixer on amazon boasts a generous 5-quart capacity perfect for standard baking recipes yet compact enough to go into your kitchen cabinets. It’s also the preferred choice for folks who appreciate a variety of color options to complement their kitchen aesthetics.
The KitchenAid Artisan Series is the best stand mixer on amazon for its simple and user-friendly design. This highly sought-after appliance won us over with its smaller footprint, a plethora of accessories, innovative tilt-head design, and strong motor. In short, I agree it’s the must-have kitchen ally for home chefs.
Moreover, the KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series boasts almost the same durable build quality as my top pick, along with a one-year manufacturer warranty and a generous work bowl, all while taking up less space and being more affordable.
Easier to clean & maintain ― while the Artisan Series is comparable to the Professional 600 Series, its dough hook and flat beater are coated with nylon, making them dishwasher-safe for hands-free cleaning, which is a convenient feature. Also, you don’t have to deal with discolorations as I experienced with the Professional 600 Series. Additionally, it comes with a pouring shield to reduce splatter and keep the countertop clean.
Amazing kneading performance ― the KitchenAid Artisan Series features a 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action that thoroughly mixes every part of the 5QT mixing bowl, resulting in a perfectly incorporated cookie and pizza dough. The dough hook is designed to effectively pull and stretch the dough to distribute the mix-ins uniformly, resulting in better development of gluten strands.
Incredible versatility ― the KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series is designed to be the ultimate household kitchen appliance, featuring a powerful 325W motor that can drive the beaters and optional attachments such as a pasta maker, meat grinder, and ice cream maker from the power hub at different speeds. Although it comes with a smaller bowl, I was impressed with how well it performed with small to medium routine baking needs.
Ease of use ― the tilt-head design of the KitchenAid Artisan Series makes it incredibly easier to swap out the beaters without removing the bowl, saving time and improving efficiency.
This mixer is perfect for those who require a versatile appliance that can handle various stages of food preparation, including making pasta and kneading dough for bread and mini pizzas.
- During my rigorous testing, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the head of this device remained warm and didn’t overheat like some of its competitors.
- The nylon coating on the dough hook and flat beaters made cleaning up after prolonged baking sessions much easier than with the Professional 600.
- Additionally, the tilt-head design allowed for hassle-free installation and removal of the beaters.
- I appreciate the additional attachments to do more than just whipping cream, creaming butter, and kneading bread dough.
- During my testing, I noticed that this appliance began to wobble while mixing dense dough. Although the resulting dough was stretchy and spongy, one of my testers had to hold the mixer down to prevent it from falling off the counter.
KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro
For passionate bakers who often tackle large batches of soft to medium tasks, such as whisking egg whites or blending ingredients for airy cakes, I recommend the KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer. It’s the closest thing to a commercial-grade stand mixer for your home without paying extra hundreds of dollars.
The KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer has a generous 7-quart mixing bowl that provides ample space. At the same time, its powerful motor and sturdy construction make it a reliable kitchen companion.
But those are not the only reason I love this KA mixer.
Wobble-free performance ― throughout my test, the KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer does everything asked without moving around, thanks to its heavy 32-pound weight and non-skid rubber feet.
Quiet yet powerful motor ― despite being rated at the same 325W as the Artisan Series, I was impressed with the KitchenAid KSM7586PCA’s superior mixing performance. During my testing, it efficiently handled multiple batches of cookie dough, cake batter, and pizza dough while producing significantly less noise than other models.
Largest bowl capacity ― with its 7 QT mixing bowl, this unit offers more space than you’ll ever need. Whether you use the pouring shield or not, adding ingredients is splash-free. Notably, this was the only bowl I tested that had no quality control issues, no black or gray residue present, and only required one cleaning before use. The bowl’s handle also adds convenience when carrying this heavy bowl.
Large families, with plenty of kitchen space, looking for a stand mixer capable of handling large batches of everything from whipped cream to dough and also value a quiet mixing experience.
- Like many customers, I was also impressed with the 5-year warranty provided with this machine, which gave us peace of mind in case of any potential issues with my purchase.
- Out of all the KitchenAid stand mixers I tested, the KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro Line proved surprisingly the quietest and most stable – ZERO movements on the counter during use.
- It has the largest bowl capacity for residential mixers. Although it is compatible with an 8 QT bowl, I noticed no significant difference in the capacity.
- The unit tends to get a tad hot after prolonged use in kneading dense dough.
- The large bowl capacity makes mixing or whipping small amounts of ingredients challenging.
Kitchenaid Artisan Mini Plus
KitchenAid KSM150PSOB Artisan 一 boasts a durable and timeless stainless steel construction that exudes elegance and class on any counter.
It offers exceptional versatility with its wide range of accessories. With the revolutionary 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action, this premium appliance ensures a thorough ingredient amalgamation, eliminating the need to scrape down the sides.
This 2016 best-selling KitchenAid stand mixer perfectly balances size, power, and capacity. It caters to the needs of new cooks, occasional bakers, and those with smaller kitchens.
Lightweight and compact ― the KitchenAid Artisan Mini Plus 3.5-Qt. is approximately 20% smaller and weighs only 18 pounds, significantly lighter than the classic Artisan mixer. This compact design allows it to take up less space on your counter, and it’s easy to pull out and store away after use.
Equally powerful ― despite its smaller size, the KitchenAid Artisan Mini Plus 3.5-Qt. has a 250W motor that packs a tremendous punch. It can expertly fold, whip, and knead a full batch without straining or losing power. So you won’t have to worry about cutting your recipe in half.
Perfect for smaller ingredients ― this compact stand mixer is ideal for smaller batches of ingredients. It outperforms its larger counterparts when handling smaller quantities of mix-ins for a single loaf or cake batter.
Folks venturing into the baking world and looking to experiment and create a repertoire of sumptuous delicacies without significantly investing in a space-consuming, more expensive machine.
- I found the Kitchenaid Artisan Mini Plus 3.5-Qt. Tilt-Head Stand Mixer is perfect for single-batch recipes.
- This mini stand mixer is easy to haul out of the cabinet; thanks to its lightweight
- The mixer includes a Flex Edge Beater that minimizes the need to scrape down the bowl, which can be difficult due to its small size.
- The lack of a handle on the bowl makes it difficult to scoop cookie dough.
- This model is not suitable for making large batches of any recipe.
📊Comparison of the Best Kitchenaid Mixer For Pizza Dough
|KitchenAid Professional 600 Series||KitchenAid Artisan Series||KitchenAid Pro Line||Kitchenaid Artisan Mini|
|Best For||Overall||Home Chefs||High-volume baking||Space-saving|
|Wattage||575 W||325 W||325W||250 W|
|Bowl Capacity||6 Quarts||5 Quarts||7 Quarts||3.5 Quarts|
|Functional Bowl Capacity||4.7 Quarts||3.75 Quarts||5.7 Quarts||2 Quarts|
|Weight||29 lbs||26 lbs||32 lbs||18 lbs|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||5 year||1 year|
📝How to Use a KitchenAid Mixer for Pizza Dough?
The KitchenAid stand mixers come with a cookbook, which includes the “best pizza dough recipe Kitchenaid” 一 a step-by-step guide on how to specifically make the perfect smooth and stretchy dough for your pizza.
Here’s what you need to get started: Ingredients
- Active dry yeast (¼ ounce)
- Warm water (1 cup)
- Salt (½ tsp)
- Olive oil (2 tsp)
- All-purpose flour (2 – 3 ½ cups)
- In the mixing bowl of your KitchenAid, combine warm water and yeast, and mix well using a fork until the yeast is fully dissolved.
- Add 2-3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, salt, and olive oil to the bowl.
- Secure the bowl onto the mixer’s base, attach the dough hook, and mix the ingredients for 1 minute on speed 2.
- While mixing on speed 2, gradually add small amounts of the remaining flour until the dough becomes sticky and clings to the hook. Allow the machine to knead at the same speed for another 8-10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and shape each into a boule.
- Place the boules in a greased bowl and coat lightly with olive oil. Cover with a damp towel and let the dough rise for about an hour until it doubles.
- Once the dough has risen, press it onto the bottom of an oiled pizza pan or a “corn-floured” pizza peel.
- Add your desired toppings, such as cheese, tomato sauce, etc., and bake in the oven at 450 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes.
🧽How Do You Clean A KitchenAid Mixer?
Whether you are pulling your stand mixer from the pantry cabinet or nestled permanently on the counter, they still get dirty. Even the most meticulous baker can’t stop the mixer from getting dirty from the constant egg white smudge, vanilla splash, and flour poof.
However, cleaning your appliance regularly is the key to maintaining its appearance and function for almost a decade. Here’s how to do it:
- Unplug the stand mixer.
- Remove the attachments. Stainless steel and coated accessories, including the bowl pouring shield, can go in the dishwasher. Uncoated tools like wire whips should be hand washed. Remember to dry these attachments before storing them.
- After each mixing session, wipe down the mixer’s stand with a damp cloth. It’s important not to use a wet cloth to avoid water leaking into the internal components.
- In case of stubborn stains and grime, make a small water-baking soda mixture and scrub clean with a small brush.
- Clean the beater shaft, the accessory hub plate, and the machine’s underside. You might notice food residue or dust collected in tight corners; use a toothpick or vacuum to clean them out.
🧠KitchenAid Stand Mixer FAQs
What is the warranty on KitchenAid stand mixers?
Most KitchenAid stand mixers come with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty that covers defects in materials and craftsmanship.
However, some models like the KitchenAid KSM7586PCA 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer have an extended 5-year manufacturer’s warranty. It’s best to check the specific warranty information for the model you want.
What do I do if my KitchenAid stand mixer breaks?
KitchenAid stand mixers are known for their exceptional durability and ability to withstand multiple breakdowns.
Suppose you experience issues with your mixer not spinning. In that case, contacting the manufacturer and utilizing their certified technicians for repair is recommended. Alternatively, many online resources provide professional repair information that requires only simple tools and your DIY spirit for a quick fix.
Will my KitchenAid stand mixer last a lifetime?
KitchenAid stand mixers feature a robust all-metal construction that promises long-lasting performance. With appropriate maintenance, these appliances can become family heirlooms that provide reliable performance for decades.
How often should you change the grease in a KitchenAid mixer?
According to KitchenAid, the gear housing of their stand mixers contains grease that only needs to be replaced or maintained if the mixer has been stored for a long time or used very frequently.
However, if you suspect that the grease has become contaminated, it is best to have a KitchenAid-authorized technician service your appliance.
Evidently, stand mixers are a must-have kitchen appliance for both amateur and seasoned bakers. However, KitchenAid models have demonstrated themselves to be significantly superior to their rivals, boasting cutting-edge all-metal construction and a vast array of optional accessories that offer unparalleled versatility.
Our tests have shown that the KitchenAid KP26M1XOB 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series is an outstanding option for ambitious high-volume baking. At the same time, the Artisan Series is a friendly kitchen companion for occasional and daily baking.
With KitchenAid’s unrivaled line of stand mixers, it is easier to make the right choice. Although they are pricey, they are worth their weight in gold.
Tim Anderson is the founder of pizzapeopleaz® and has been in the pizza industry since 1998. Since then, his mission has been to make a pizza lover’s guy into a personal pizzaiolo. And each year, he continues to help more people with Pizza chemistry, pizza Crust, pizza oven, and oven troubleshooting.